Tuesday 10 June 2014

QUICKIDY QUICK PIZZA CRUST DIPS



I cant wait to give my pizza stone another go again. It made truly one of the best pizzas I have ever had. I especially loved the crusts that I added to mine. Super crispy on the outside and super soft and delicious in the middle. Now I know pizza crust divide everyone out there. You either love them or hate them, I've never met anyone who is in between. But for all the haters out there I've got two scrummy pizza crust dips here for you that I promise that if you dip your crusts into these bad boys and still aren't a fan I shall raise my hands in defeat.

First of all there is my garlic mayo. All you need is two garlic cloves and a jar of shop bought mayo. Peel the cloves and mash into a paste in a pestle and mortar before mixing in 2 tbsp of the mayo. Couldn't get much simpler than that really. Why am I telling you something so simple? I just wanted to show you how quick and simple it is to make a delicious garlic mayo compared to how much you would spend on buying it ready made. These are hard times for some people so every little helps. Plus, it's delicious!

The second dip I have is not as quick to make but is equally delicious. A sharp and zingy Thai chili sauce. So much tastier than some of the gloopy sweet chili sauces out in the shops. It takes about 15 minutes to make so its ideal for preparing whilst you wait for your dough to proof. Making your own also lets you adjust the amount of chili heat in your sauce so if you like it to blow your head off then you can go mad with the chili flakes. The recipe below is what I would call quite the spicy so if your not a fan of chili then it's not a dip for you. You have been warned!



Thai Chili Dipping Sauce

2 Peeled Garlic Cloves
1 Diced Green Chili
1 Tbsp Red Chili Flakes
Juice Of Half A Lime
1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
100g Caster Sugar
100ml Rice Vinegar



  1. Add the garlic, green chili (with seeds if you like a kick), chili flakes, lime juice and fish sauce and crush together into a paste like consistency.
  2. Transfer the paste to a saucepan along with the caster sugar, rice vinegar and 100ml of water. Give everything a good mix together.
  3. Turn the pan onto a medium heat and bring everything to a boil, mixing every now and then to help the sugar dissolve into the water.
  4. As soon as the mixture is boiling reduce to a simmer and leave it be. After five minutes remove from the heat and transfer the sauce to a bowl to cool before serving.

Slightly more work but I think you'll agree it's very simple to make and you'll notice the difference compared to shop bought on first taste. This recipe makes a fair amount too but don't throw any leftovers away. Use it as a marinade for a nice piece of chicken or pork or toss through some vegetables in a wok for a Thai inspired stir fry.

The full takeaway experience is now complete and all for a fraction of the cost!

Grab your crusts and get dipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment