Tuesday 22 July 2014

MATTYB BAKES 100TH POST BONANZA



 

 Well here we are! 4 months in and I'm celebrating my 100th post. I didn't realise when i started the blog just how into it I would get but I'm enjoying it so much. I've had so many people say such nice things about all the recipes and even a few who have tried a couple and told me how great they are which really puts a big smile on my face.



That's one of the reasons I started this blog. When i started posting pictures of my food on facebook like one of those really annoying foodie people a lot of people would ask me how I had so much time to make all this food. They also wanted to know how I managed to lose 3 stone in 3 months and still bake all these cakes and tarts.





I wanted to show everyone that it is so easy to make home cooked food that is not only delicious but good for you too. I used to be proper kitchen shy, the thought of stepping into a kitchen and cooking up a gorgeous meal was something I could only dream of. Let me tell you Ive made a few shockers in the past to get as confident as I am now (there is a particular lasagna I made once that springs to mind. Truly horrendous!). 


Its why I try to keep the method in the recipes as simple as possible. The aim is that I'll inspire at least one person out there to start experimenting and hopefully they will fall in love with cooking and baking as much as I have over this last year. Let me know if that is you! I'd love to hear from you.

Not only am I celebrating my 100th post but this week I will welcome my 25000th visitor. I thought maybe my friends and family might read the blog now and then but to have had so many people just click and even glimpse at my little baby is overwhelming and I thank every single one of them. It really gives me the motivation to keep striving to push myself and try new things in the kitchen so I can continue to grow and improve.

Some of those people have even let me into their worlds too. I never thought Id make friends via the blog but I have and they are amazing, friendly and generous people. My way of thanks for all their kind words, support and words of advice is to give them all a wee shout out so please check out their fantastic blogs for even more foodie goodness:

Oh La Vache!  - As the blog says "French Food With The Wow Factor"
The Crafty Larder - A fabulous new blog which is going to be huge.
In House Cook - Homely treats which are right up my street!
Cakeboi - An inspiration for how I'd like this blog to be one day.
The Belleau Kitchen - A great mix of recipes and some gorgeous photography
The Broke Boy - great foodie tales as well as recipes
Tales From The Kitchen Shed - Home of Ted's rolls - Nuff said!

For new visitors let me take you back through some of the most popular recipes so you can get a feel for what MattyB Bakes is all about. If you like what you see then take a journey deeper into the blog and you will find a lot more to wet you taste buds:

Top Recipe:

A great way to enjoy a beautiful chocolate cake without having to feel bad about it the next day!

Top Veggie Recipe

 With some great support from Quorn themselves this has become the top veggie recipe on the blog. It's really delicious, you have to give it a go!

Top Indian Dish

I love a great curry and have featured a couple on the blog but this veggie twist on butter chicken is something I could eat everyday!

Top Dip

The name has become infamous but that doesn't matter when this super versatile dip is so quick and simple.

Top Side

Not only is this a great side in general but it's also super low in calories so great for the diet.

Top Roast

An instant favourite on the blog and in our house. I promise you this will be a hit at any Sunday dinner.

Rising Star

I'm really getting into making biscuits at the moment and these little beauties seem to be really popular with visitors at the moment.

Hopefully in a couple of months time I can celebrate my 200th post with another look back on MattyB Bakes. In the meantime you can get instant updates by liking the MattyB Bakes facebook fan page and following me on Twitter.

Once again I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your love and support.

Here's to the next 100 posts!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the mention and kind words Matty - really really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete