Wednesday 12 November 2014

"COMFORT DAY" BUTTIES



Got a hangover? It's never pleasant is it? It's time to give yourself a comfort day. When I'm a little
worse for wear there is nothing I love more than a good stack of egg butties laced with spicy pickles and lashings of mayonnaise. This little guide below my secret to the perfect egg sarnie that will sort anyone out, plus they're simple to make so you don't have to spend too much time standing up which is always traumarific with a banging head.

All you need is the following:

"Comfort Day Butties"

 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
8 Slices Of Pickled Jalapeno
2 Baby Gherkins
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
A Good Pinch Of Pepper
8 Slice Of Nice Thick Bread

  1. Simply take your eggs, peel and mash but don't go too mad, I like a few big chunks of egg in my butties.
  2. Finely chop the jalapenos and gherkins and add to the mashed eggs with the mayonnaise alongwith a good pinch of pepper. Mix until combined, taste and add more Mayo or pepper if you think it needs it.
  3. Spread the filling onto bread, make butties and shove into your face.
I know I'm technically telling you how to make a sandwich here but I didn't know butties this good could be made until I was presented with one Jon had made for me. I would never thought of adding the jalapenos and gherkin with the egg and it's too good for me not too share with you all.

Plus; we all need a few extra hangover cures up our sleeves when a comfort day is upon us don't we!

No comments:

Post a Comment